I'm sorry that I have not been very faithful in updating on my life. I truly LOVE blogs, I love that I can follow up with people easily and it helps me feel connected with people that may not live around us anymore....that's why I have loved writing too. I really do enjoy updating people on our lives, but lately I have been such a bum!
SO really quickly, I want to reach out and say that I'm alive and well!
Work has taken me by storm and I've found it much harder to get motivated and post about my life. Danielle actually called me the other day and was asking me what is going on, what's happening in life and as sad as it was, right now, work is happening. The weekends are definitely work free (except maybe a couple of hours on Sunday, not too bad), but for the most part, I spend a BIG chunk of my time working (right now it is around 50 hours a week).
How do my days look?
I wake up anywhere from 6:00-6:30, depending on how tired my body is hehe. I usually get to work around 8:00-8:30AM and leave between 6:00-7:30PM, depending on the amount of work I have gotten done throughout the day and whether or not I work while I eat lunch etc.
I get home and usually am brain dead. Sometimes I handle this well, but lately I feel like I have not been a very fun person to be around during this time. One thing I will say, God had used work to reveal a lot of the ugly and negative sides of me. I tend to come home exhausted and instead of bringing joy into the house, I bring my selfish self in, feeling like I deserve to just act grumpy and tired. I'm glad God is faithful and showing me this so that I can work on loving Reed better in the evenings when I get home.
Reed usually starts dinner before I get home and I help him fininsh. We eat, usually watch a little baseball (or any other sport) and then we just vegg until 9:30 when I start getting ready for bed again.
Now, I know this sounds like the monotonous work life that everyone dreads and I guess it is a little, I definitely have a pretty rigid routine throughout the week days...BUT I've been growing a lot as a person through this adjustment to the working life.
Here is just a short list of the areas I've either grown or at least seen areas that I need to work on:
1. Embracing quiet times with the Lord and taking time out of the day to enjoy Him and His Word (still learning this one)
2. Time management
3. How to handle stress (DEFINITELY still learning)
4. How to go to bed and stop thinking about work (I have to force myself to stop thinking about it so that I can really BE at home)
5. Finding purpose at work (like if my life is completely for the Lord, how do I not get caught up in the wordly things but seek to honor and serve God at work?)
6. Learning to make the most of my time at home with Reed...especially when it comes to appreciating him and what he does (he makes me coffee in the mornings, makes me a lunch everyday and gets dinner started for me every evening :) :) )
SO that is my life, it's been bumpy as I've been trying to learn to adjust and sometimes I've felt so overwhelmed that I've failed to keep in touch with the outside world. I promise I'm working on changing that :)
Until next time ;)
Jess, Nice to hear about life! I'm really excited about coming to visit soon!!!
ReplyDeleteReed, you take such good care of her. I hope your classes are going well!
I'm glad you updated. I definitely understand the majority of what you're going through right now...working full-time is SO different than being in school with classes.
ReplyDeleteReed-thanks for taking care of her. It's kinda weird to not be around her all the time and have that time with her. Miss you guys.