Friday, November 13, 2009

You are stronger

This is a two part post...neither part has to do with the other.

Part 1:

I just had to share that there are three musicians that no matter what kind of day I'm having, if they come on the radio, I'm instantly cranking the volume and jamming out. Also, I will never get tired of songs by these three artists...like ever. Those three artists (so far, I am sure there are more, but these are the ones I've picked up on so far) are Journey, U2 and Beyonce.

Yesterday when I left work at around 6:45, the first song that came on after I turned on the radio was "Any way you want it" by Journey :)


Part 2:

I'm really trying to evaluate my love for Jesus. I know that a lot of the times I want to say that my actions are driven by love for Him, but I've been really convicted about the motive behind my hearts yearnings.

For instance, sometimes I get really down because I haven't had much time in the Word or in prayer or just spending quiet time with the Lord. But I'm realizing that sometimes these feelings are really driven by guilt more than love. I want to be love. I want to not do things so that I can feel "okay" about how "good" I'm doing. Sadly, I'm realizing how shallow my motives are for spending time with the Lord. This makes me kind of realize why I'm not spending as much time with the Lord. Maybe if I really understood and grasped His love for me, I might have a response of love as well.

It's been really humbling seeing my messy and selfish heart that doesn't seek the Lord how I should.

But I've been encouraged a lot today, especially by this song by Hillsong...it's just encouraging me that Jesus is my Savior, not myself, so although I feel messy on the inside right now, that there is continual hope in Jesus.

Stronger
There is love that came for us
Humbled to a sinner's cross
you broke my shame and sinfuless
you rose again victorious

Faithfulness none can deny through the storm
and through the fire
there is truth that sets me free
Jesus Christ who lives in me

You are stronger you are stronger
Sin is broken you have saved me
it is written Christ is risen
Jesus you are Lord of all

No beginning and no end
You're my hope and my defence
you came to seek and save the lost
you paid it all upon the cross

So let your name be lifted higher
Be lifted higher be lifted higher

No comments:

Post a Comment