On Thursday this week, Reed told me that I couldn't schedule an eye appointment Saturday afternoon because he had a little surprise for me Saturday afternoon. I had NO idea we were doing anything other than Habitat on Saturday and naturally my curiosity became a burning fire inside of me
But Reed wouldn't budge, all he would tell me was that it didn't cost any money whatsoever and that I would MUCH rather be doing this than going to an eye appointment. These "clues" were so vague, that I decided just to give up on asking, because I had no clue what we would be doing that didn't cost any money...so I decided to suck it up and wait.
Now on Friday night, we were planning on having dinner with Reed's parents because we hadn't seen them in forever. I left work at around 6:30 and got home around 7:30. We headed down the road to his parents house and finally, when we got there, Reed told me that he thought someone else might be there cause a car was in the back driveway. I was curious and when we walked in the front door, all I could see was some girl with blond hair in the kitchen...I was confused cause we didn't know anyone from Dallas with blond hair.
THEN...out of nowhere, my MOM pops out from behind the door. And the blond girl, was my SISTER! That was the surprise! My mom and sister surprised me and came to visit :)
It was the best surprise EVER :) I have had a REALLY hard past couple of weeks just from feeling tired all the time to feeling like I wasn't doing so well at work. And even though I didn't know it, having them spend a day and a half with us was EXACTLY what I needed. Just to have my family, who is always loving and encouraging, there for me.
We had dinner that evening and I was so giddy the whole time...part of me wanted to cry because I was so happy/touched but I held it in ;). The next morning, Reed and I went to our Habitat build (which was so much better than I though it would be. I was glad to be there, but was nervous I wouldn't know how to do everything they were telling us to do, but I did, YAY) and after the build we came home and hung out with my mom and sister all afternoon. We went to bed bath and beyond for a little bit, but mostly we just talked about life and my mom gave me recipes and we just were together :)
Later that night, we went to my CPA exam dinner. This had been planned for a while because Reed's parents wanted to take me out for passing the exam first time. We went to this REALLY REALLY nice Mexican City cuisine restaurant named Javier's. It was so neat that my mom and sister got to join us for my CPA exam celebration dinner. We all got dressed up and had a great time! We came back and played wii (I passed out around 9:30 sadly, cause I was a little tired from the work week and habitat), but overall the whole day was amazing.
This morning, we took my mom and sister to church and then to Einstein Bagels before they headed out. It was just a great weekend...and so needed. I guess I just needed a break with my family :)
And I was so blessed by it :)
Aww yay! That's so awesome. I like your family.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry your work schedule is so busy, but you always encourage me to look at the positive in everything, so know that!!
I'm sick right now, but in a few days I will give you a call and maybe I can come hang out and we can be bums together and watch a movie or something!
Awwww :) I'm so glad to hear that, Jessica!
ReplyDeleteWish I could join you and Leslie for a movie bum day...seriously, I miss you guys TONS!