I've been reading lately.
I know...shocking, right?
Well it all started when I went to Tulsa for work and got delayed in the airport for 4 hours. I seriously didn't know what to do with myself and for being a person who likes to be constantly occupied and "busy", I knew watching the cnn news station on television (that I could barely hear, mind you) was not going to work for 4 hours.
So, I ran to one of those little "convenience" stores in the airports and bought a book called "Twenties Girl".
It is not a good book. I honestly didn't like it much at all.
BUT, I did like reading and I had to finish it because although I didn't really like the story, I still wanted to see how it ended.
I kept telling Reed that I couldn't wait to finish this awful book, which is funny looking back because I could have just stopped. But that is just not very 'me' like.
Anyways, after I finished and realized I was released from the bondage of the awful Twenties Girl, I moved on to a book (or books) that I knew I would enjoy....The Chronicles of Narnia!!!!
I just finished The Magician's Nephew cause Reed said it's cool to read them in the order that they happened...so in the whole scheme of the stories, this was the creation of Narnia. I'm loving reading every night and on nights where I know I should go to bed, I really am kind of sad. I didn't realize I was such a reader!
So my favorite thing in The Magician's Nephew:
Aslan singing Narnia into creation. I just love that :)
Hope everyone is having a happy Wednesday!!!
I loved that part as well. I still need to finish that series...
ReplyDeleteI've also discovered that I enjoy reading a lot more than I used to. I owe my enjoyment in part to my Kindle. It's crazy how easy it fits into any bag...I love it.