Thursday, April 1, 2010

Prayer Request

This weekend is Easter weekend...the celebration of Christ taking on our sin, suffering to death and ultimately enduring the wrath of God for you and me.

This is love. That a perfect God would lay down His life for us.

Tomorrow night and throughout the weekend I believe, there will be events going on with Our Calling to minister to the homeless of Dallas. I know they are showing a video on Friday night (the time we normally go) and they have other various activities going on around there to share the gospel news to the downtrodden of Dallas.

I have a couple of prayer requests:

-They are in desperate need of volunteers. Reed and I are visiting my parents this weekend...but really whether we are there or not, God provides and I just ask that you pray for believers to step up and volunteer to share the good news of Christ Jesus.
-That hearts would be stirred for the Lord
-That God would be glorified in the activities of this weekend
-That impossible things would happen in Jesus' name
-That there would be healing for the hurt that will be there (healing from drug addictions, sexual abuse, physical abuse, and any other health problems)
-That the even those that are not easy to love, find the love of Christ
-Finally, that God's love would abound

Please pray and if you're in Dallas, consider helping out. The website for Our Calling is http://www.ourcalling.org/.

No comments:

Post a Comment