Thursday, April 22, 2010

Hello Frasier

Meet Frasier...our new kitty!


He is 2 years old and loves to be pet! He just can't get enough. The picture above is us bonding with him at the shelter. Reed was the initial one to fall in love with Frasier when he realized the cat just LOVED to be rubbed and loved-on. He even let us pet his belly!

Well we adopted Frasier last Saturday and it has definitely been an adjustment. Not for us. For this poor kitty.


This is a picture of his current favorite spot in our apartment. Yes, that is a toilet.


From what I can tell, it's just going to take him a while to adjust to our home. I mean, he was in that shelter for a year and cats do not like change. Plus, he had a traumatic experience when we tried to get him in the adoption box at the shelter. He went wild and was in survival mode. Each day he gets better, but yesterday he accidentally pulled the shower curtain down and relapsed a couple days.

Poor kitty. He was truly traumatized...

BUT he still does love all the petting and loving and we're thinking that maybe give it another week and he'll leave the bathrooms :) hopefully :) Even if it takes a while, we still love this kitty, even to the point where we put our heads much closer to the toilet then we would EVER do for much longer periods of time than I would have EVER wanted before. He's just so cute when he purrs that we forget we're grossly close to the potty.

4 comments:

  1. you are funny, "even to the point where we put our heads much closer to the toilet then we would EVER do for much longer periods of time than I would have EVER wanted before"

    he is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously...we forget where we are for a moment. Occassionally he'll come out in the open or in his tent I bought him, so we're not crouching around the toilet always...But the shower curtain collapsing really freaked him out and he hasn't be as open to coming out of his "hole". The hallway also scars him...haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i didn't realize i had missed out on so many posts! feels good to be caught up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was the goal :) I really want to just blog more...even if it's short and I think that's why I choose not to, cause I feel like I have to write a novel...So here's to a lot of shorter posts :) maybe some longer quality ones in between.

    ReplyDelete