Tuesday, July 7, 2009

One Month

Yesterday Reed and I hit our one month-a-versary!

It seems small, but really, every day is new and exciting.

I can't say everything is perfect, or that we love each other always as we should...but we're learning, we're moving that direction, we're growing, we're learning to forgive and we're learning how to be a good wife and husband. I more want to put this little disclaimer out there because I don't want to assume that we're just awesome at everything, because we're not. I need to be honest and say, we're definitely not a 50 year old married couple. But as are all things with the Lord, it takes time to grow a seasoned relationship...I can't wait :)

Is it fun? Heck yeah! I get to hang out with my best friend ALL THE TIME! Already I've gotten sick and have been able to see my wonderful husband gently take care of me and not make me feel bad about being sick at all. We've also broken into the social scene and visited parents and friends! It's been a blast!

We are in for a journey together. There are seasons of life that we will explore together, the good and the hard, but I know every day we are going to love each other more than the next. I know that after a year we will look back and think, "Wow, I thought I loved you as much as I possibly could, but I realize how much more I love you now!"

I really and truly think that God is going to refine us so much and show us what true selfless love looks like. I can honestly say that I need a lesson on that one. Lately I've been seeing how selfish I really am. Even in just a month, being married has revealed a lot of selfish tendencies that I didn't even realize I had.

It's neat though. I'm glad I have a bond and commitment with Reed that declares that we will never give up on one another, no matter how selfish or hurtful we can be.

That's the kind of love that inspires me to love back selflessly.

I'm praying that for our marriage...that we learn what it means to be a glimpse of Jesus Christ and His church. I'm praying that even in our home, when no one is watching, that we treat each other with love and respect. I want every moment of our lives to be enveloped with the concept that we are meant to completely glorify God.

We are so blessed. The last month has been amazing...just AMAZING. I can't wait for next month, because I know it's going to be crazy with moving, but it will be an adventure and a challenge for us to do together :)

I love you Reed!

No comments:

Post a Comment