Let me first say that married life is WONDERFUL, primarily because I am amazingly blessed to have such a wonderful wife :) God has been so good to us, and I am learning more and more every day what it means to love God and also what it means to be a man.
Ok, let me get back to the general idea for this post as indicated by the title. Since Jessica and I don't have cable right now we were not able to watch the Brazil vs. US match on Sunday, which I must admit I was very sad about. As a result we decided to go see Transformers 2 with one of Jess's friends. We had heard mixed reviews, but since we liked the first one so much we decided that the matinee price of $3.50 here in College Station was worth it.
I want my money back.
The special effects were rather incredible, but the plot was non-existent, and the movie was basically one explosion and/or fight sequence after another interrupted only by crass, bordering on vulgar humor at times, and a pervasive sense of immoral sexuality. It has been a long time since I have been so disappointed walking out of a movie theater. The writers and director also managed to squeeze in some of the cheesier scenes I have seen in a long time. I mean, at one point Sam almost dies and in a vision talks to some dead ancestors of Optimus Prime. Really?

He looks sad for a reason.
After the movie Jess and I went to the grocery store and were excited when we left because we had gotten some waffle mix and were going to break in our new waffle maker for dinner. Well, the waffle maker was supposed to be non-stick, and when the first one was done, it was plastered to the inside of the waffle maker :( For the next 30 minutes I proceeded to try and peel out the waffle remains with a fork without damaging the waffle maker. It reminded me about how I felt after the movie, poop.
Well, even after all of that I must say that it still managed to somehow be a good day. Seeing the movie was ALMOST worth it, just because we thoroughly enjoyed criticizing/complaining about it. And the messed up waffles turned into good pancakes and something to laugh about. Then we fell asleep watching Harry Potter :)
Hey i agreee!! Transformers 2 definately was not good. Nobody sees it but i do. like no good acting, plot sucked and everything.
ReplyDelete