We all have those points in our lives where things change. A chapter in life moves into the next.
I have so much excitement for the next chapter of our lives but also I have so much apprehension.
There have been closing chapters before, like leaving high school to come to college, but I have to say no other chapter in my life has impacted me as much as my time at college.
I'm not saying growing up didn't hugely influence me and shape the person I am.
But in college I....
1. Found the Lord and accepted Him as my Savior
2. Learned how to not be such a crappy and selfish friend (through the help of some AMAZING people)
3. I actually learned how to truly trust God
4. I struggled with boys (a lot!) and God taught me (a lot!) through it
5. I met my husband
6. I gained a group of friends that are closer to me than I ever though possible...the people I can always count on and who encouraged me and challenged me for years.
This is why it is so hard for me to say goodbye. The things here are not uprooting and coming with us to Dallas. In fact, except for a couple friends already there, we are having to start over with building relationships.
As scary as it is, I know how necessary it is for us to start anew and take on the challenges of meeting people. It would be so great to stay here, but it also wouldn't challenge us.
There is a reason why Dallas is our home and I am so excited to see what the Lord has for us...but I will forever cherish this chapter of my life. Forever.
can't wait to hang out in Dallas this fall! I'll try to keep my blog updated since you're following me now but you may have to bug me about it!
ReplyDelete