More than anything I will miss the people. Jess and I have made some wonderful friends while we've been here, and sadly we cant take them with us to Dallas. Last night we got to hang out with our good friends Danielle and Janelle. We went to Casa Rodriguez for dinner and then went back to our house for Mario Party 8 and a few games of cards. Nothing outrageous. Nothing crazy. Just a good time with good friends. Tonight the four of us are going to go to the Perryman's for another game night. Hopefully Meredith doesn't destroy me again (she has a penchant for beating me at no matter the game). I'm sure the kids will have gone to bed by the time we get there, but it has been a joy to have the blessing to watch them grow. Abey and Ellie are precious girls, and Jonathan and Jacob (the cutest twins I've ever seen) have gone from crawling to talking, well almost at least :), in the time that we have known them. Josh and Meredith have been a huge blessing to us as well. They have been exceedingly gracious with their time and wisdom, and Jess and I have benefited immensely from knowing them.
There are many more friends that we will miss, these guys are just the ones that happen to come to mind right now. Jess will have to say goodbye to more people than me. She does happen to be much more of a social butterfly than I am :) Please pray for us in our transition. We will face new challenges in Dallas, and it feels daunting to tackle them while trying to make new friends and resume old friendships, but now as a married couple. God has been so good to us, and I believe that He will continue to do so. Pray that we would hold fast to that faith, and trust in His power and not our own.
Speaking of blessings, Jess and I bought the rights to our wedding photos from our photographer, and we got the cd's a few days ago. There are dozens of pictures that are absolutely wonderful, but this one is definitely one of my favorites.


I cannot begin to speak to how much I love my wife. We are so blessed that God first loved us.
Jess here:
ReplyDeleteI have to add people
Ellen- I'm going to miss your hugs and how I always feel special when I see you cause you are always excited and joyful.
Rachel- Your just amazing...and five years ago, we met as potluck roommates and started the craziest friend adventure ever :)
Jennifer- Your level headed and a bundle of energy...and I'm so sad/excited for you that your in Houston.
Jamie- Your going to Africa and I'm sooo incredibly proud of you and excited for you. I'm going to miss you so incredibly much. I love having coffee dates with you and I love that you'll always be my p^2
Patricia- Your the best study buddy ever and your just the most encouraging and joyful person I know. I can't wait for your wedding!
Christy- My Strasbourg roommate! I love you and I'm so excited your coming to Dallas...even though it'll take you a year to get here.
Erin- Crazy roommate but always fun and there for me. I'm going to miss watching crazy shows with you :)
Of course the sentiments for the Perryman's and for Danielle and Janelle are the same.
I'm going to miss all my friends that are either staying in College Station or moving away. Like it is proving to be a hard and emotional transition. I love you guys...sooooooooooooo much.