Sunday, March 7, 2010

A Movie Weekend

So I didn't spend all of this weekend watching movies, but somehow I ended up watching 4 new movies that I had never seen before. Two of which may be my top 10 list of favorites. Here is how the weekend played out:

Friday night, Reed went to go have a guy night with his buddies and I stayed at home and just chilled. I know you might think I'm lame, but I kind of wanted to be alone and by myself. I logged into netflix and started surveying what they had...I actually began "The Ugly Truth" with Gerard Butler and Catherine Heigl (I'm not sure if that's how you spell her name), but it was a little too crude for me. Then the search began again and I found the movie Parenthood. I would normally have passed over this movie, BUT I've been seeing the previews for the new TV series that is based on this movie. I had read something on CNN about the TV series and the movie and the fact that the producer is Ron Howard who did the original movie, etc. I started watching it and LOVED it. Not because I thought it was the best picture of parenting, or had the best morals (definitely not), BUT it really captured the truth that, no matter how much you try to be a perfect parent, you're kids are people too, and they will have problems like every person does. Now this seems like you shouldn't parent at all, but I think it also shows the need for good parents. Kids need good parents, but in the end, they are going to make their own decisions and have their own personalities. Anyways, I really really really liked it. Like it may be in one of my top 3 movies...no lie! I think next weekend I want to watch it with Reed again...we have to wait until then because he has 2 papers and 2 tests this week (poor guy! please pray that God's grace and favor would be on him this week).

After Parenthood was over, I decided to watch another movie because Reed wasn't going to be home for another hour or two. So I found Mickey Blue Eyes and thought, "Hmmm, I like Hugh Grant, I'll go for it". Not the worst movie I've ever seen, but definitely not the best either. I'd say it will most likely be a movie forgotten for it's mediocrity. Just my opinion.

On Saturday, Reed and I slept in really late and had a lunch date at Chipotle!! (My friend from work, Jennifer, will probably laugh at me for going there because it is the exact Chipotle we've been going to eat lunch at from work haha, but I tried the salad the other day and I just had to try it again! Plus I can load it with hot sauce and I just LOVE spicy food!) Aaaaanyways, after our date we drove around, fixed my phone and then decided we wanted to go see Alice in Wonderland during the "twilight" time (4-6 pm) because the tickets are $4.75!! So we went to the theater to buy our tickets.

After that we came home and cleaned our room...like the whole thing...organized every little trinket that we have been avoiding putting away from the time we moved in (I know what you're thinking, that was months ago, but hey it's been a busy last couple of months around here!). We decided that we are going to conquer one room a weekend and thoroughly clean and pick up everything. After everything is clean, we'll do it again to make sure that it stays clean. Also, we're hoping to keep it picked up so that when we get to the second round on a room, it's really only doing the "cleaning" bit, like dusting, vacuuming, etc.

After we conquered our bedroom, we went and saw Alice in Wonderland...it was really amazing. The effects were just astounding! It was the best movie ever, but I really did like it a lot and probably will buy it when it comes out on dvd. I definitely think it was worth going out to see.

When we got home we decided we should watch our netflix movie that we have had sitting on our coffee table for weeks....so we made dinner and watched Cinderella Man.

A-MAZING!! Seriously, I looooved this movie! It just was a story about a really sweet family that loved each other dearly who were trying to make it in the great depression. It shows how the father, who is a boxer, was really doing well until the depression hit and things were getting to the point where they couldn't keep their kids warm anymore. It really is just a great story...like I think it also will join my top 5...

Now I'll just have to figure out which movies these two will replace...

Can the Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter series count as one movie?

And here is a question to all of you...I had no idea that Parenthood would be such a gem of a movie...SO are there any favorite movies that you have that may be "off the beaten track". I really do enjoy watching a good movie on the weekends and would love to hear your favorites :)

No comments:

Post a Comment