Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I think I have a cold?

I'm not sure what I have...

But I do know that I had a fever all day Sunday with those lovely fever body aches that were decently bad...enough so to make me stay in bed because of the pain.

Went to work yesterday with the cough that makes people cringe (you know, the one where you think they are going to hack up a lung or something)

Went to work today and continued to gross people out with not only my cough but with my sneezes that sounded like really intense, violent sneeze/cough hybrid things.

I finally went home early today so I could sit with tissues out of my nostrils because they kept dripping at work (which makes it hard to type/work)...and I just didn't know how good it would be for the client to walk in seeing me like that. One of the ladies from the client I was at today already sat an extra foot and a half away from me cause I sounded like death and coughed after every minute of speaking.

I think my eyes might look pathetic too. They feel a little pathetic.

What's great though is even though I'm not sure why my body is having a freak out at the moment, I've been able to go to work (the fever that kept me in bed all Sunday by the grace of God was gone Monday morning, so I was able to go to work) and get stuff accomplished.

This sounds like I'm a work-aholic, but really we just have a deadline and whether I take a sick day or not, it all still has to get done. So I'd prefer to divide my 50-55 estimated hours of work to finish over a 5 or 6 day period, not a 4. God's been really good to me, giving me the ability to work and providing me with a job that allows me to go home and work from there if I really need to.

PLUS, I have an amazing husband who makes me tea and takes care of me and doesn't mind that I have a tissue hanging out of my nose so that I can type for work instead of wiping snot.

:)

I am truly blessed :)

3 comments:

  1. i am soooo sorry that you are sick! but i'm glad that reed is taking good care of you. i'm thinking about coming to see allison sometime in february/march. maybe i could stop by for a visit? i would really like to you guys...

    ReplyDelete
  2. is that why you were sleeping at 6:35 this morning when i called?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I think I'm going to give-in and go to a doctor today. It's definitely NOT getting any better :( :( And yes, I was having a hard time getting myself out of bed, i just felt so rotten

    ReplyDelete