That's why I haven't blogged in a while...a real 10 hour a day job has caught me by storm and not to mention the 80 mile roundtrip that goes with it (I'm located in Fort Worth at the moment)
I really have been working like crazy! Work life has been quite an adjustment, but honestly, not as bad as I had thought.
Some mornings, I must admit, it's hard to wake up early (believe it or not readers, I wake up at 5:50 AM everyday to get out of the house by 6:50), but overall I enjoy what I do. Sometimes its stressful, but overall it's challenging and, dare I say, fulfilling? I must admit, this positive attitude is not from me...God has been so faithful and good to work in me and give me an amazing perspective on things.
Speaking of the Lord...I've been just in AWE of how amazing God is and how clearly He works! I mean sometimes I just can't believe how much I don't see the beauty and majesty that are in the ordinary things. And isn't that just how God works, He makes us look at the ordinary to see His might and power (I mean Jesus was an ordinary carpenter's son and a King whose triumphant entry was on an ordinary donkey).
The ordinary right now is my day-to-day life. I'm not going through a crisis, I'm not living the dream in a different country, I'm not out doing mission work all the time, and I most definitely am not doing anything that would appear glamorous or amazing for the Lord.
YET, He is still meeting me and challenging me through the ordinary, my experiences at work and at home and with family. Every moment can bring glory to Him. It's blowing my mind how much He is teaching me right now. I can't even put a finger on it all, but I experience God so much...and most of my time is spent at work!
I guess I am realizing that although our society describe's work as a mundane cycle of boring, nothingness, I'm experiencing God moving every day. Challenging me to show His light and love more and more. Whether that is in daily interactions with Reed, or maybe even just encouraging coworkers who are taking the CPA exam, I feel God's presence and it gives me joy.
I promise I want to try and blog more, I REALLY want to keep everyone up to date on life, especially with how God is moving at our church, it's amazing! He is so MIGHTY!
So hold me to it! Make me keep you in the loop! I don't want to keep you in the dark ;)
I know the drive sucks, but sometimes I like clients that are a bit of a drive b/c it lets me separate work and home. Also, listen to music and sing at the top of your lungs, the time flies. Keep posting. :)
ReplyDeleteHeck yes...this morning brittney spears circus came on and blared the radio :) not that i'm a big pop fan, but man, sometimes you just need to jame at 7:00 in the morning...it wakes you up :)
ReplyDelete*jam
ReplyDelete