Thursday, August 13, 2009

Finally Moved

We are finally moved to Dallas and probably 90% settled in!

The man-room (aka the "small study room") needs a little more organization as well as our closet. The living room just needs a couple decorations to be hung and then its done! We're making pretty good headway considering we moved in Saturday....and really all that got accomplished Saturday was getting everything IN. No putting away or anything. We were so tired that we just passed out that night!

I'll try and post some pictures soon, but we're definitely LOVING our apartment. Every day I wonder, what's the catch? I don't think there is one. I think the Lord has just blessed us immensely. The place is BEAUTIFUL and it is way below the price range of everything around us (and way more spacious than any of the pricier places). God has completely provided for us in such a huge way!

I don't know what we're going to do once we get completely unpacked, though. I mean I don't start work until September 13 and Reed doesn't start school until August 27th. We are definitely going to investigate what there is to do around Dallas, hopefully we can get to know some of the places to volunteer and get acquainted with the city.

Also, we've been so blessed to have our parents help us continually through this process. Even though I was pretty upset last week about my car troubles, we're truly blessed to have family who will step in and help when we need it. And Reed's family has been amazing in helping us get started in Dallas. The first two days we were here, our refrigerator didn't work, so they welcomed us over to their house for dinner each night so we didn't have to worry about buying groceries with no fridge :) So sweet! I love our parents and I'm so thankful for them. They have been so great and I see the Lord working through them to bless us when we don't have much to our name.

Other things going on have really mostly involved finding a church. We're so fortunate to have time to really investigate and find different places to visit each weekend. I've never really visited a bunch of churches before, so this is a new experience. I'm blessed to have Reed with me, he has such a great perspective and it is so great to not feel alone in the journey. Please pray for us, I am so confident that the Lord will make it EVIDENT when we find our church home and I just want to continue to pray that over our search.

We love and miss everyone! Like a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment