I've decided that I'm going to revive our family blog. The fact is I have time on my hands to actually update our friends on the happenings in our lives. I also want to *selfishly* ask for our friends prayers. Overall I just rely too little on prayer for everything from the "big" decisions to the mundane every day things of life.
The last time I wrote a blog post, Reed and I had been living in Dallas with his parents for the last 8 months. It was a blessing to have such an encouraging family around us because those 8 months were some of the hardest in our marriage. Not because we didn't love each other, but because my work demanded so much out of me that it was starting to drain me emotionally and physically. When you are "one" unit, that can't help but affect your spouse. Reed was simply amazing through it all. Supportive, but also good to tell me it was time to move on from my job. The moment he sat me down and told me that, I felt such immense freedom in his leadership. It was a moment in which I felt complete relief.
My job search took about 3 months from the time we had that conversation. That sounds short, and really it is, but when you're miserable and sad, that feels like an eternity. But God is good and provided a job for me....just not in Dallas. I ended up applying and really feeling like I had a place at USAA in San Antonio. Their core values were similar to my own and the culture seemed like a place that encouraged family and time away from work. **Side note: having been here for a few months, I can say that no workplace is perfect, but I really do feel blessed to be here and that God ordained this to be my place of employment.
I phone interviewed with USAA and felt a connection with my interviewers (and future coworkers!) Because of that, I thought I would really see this option out. I was flown out to San Antonio for another interview in person and afterwards I thought it would probably take another couple weeks to hear back (like it did for the phone interview). HOWEVER, I got a call 3 days later offering me the job. Reed and I barely had time to process and they were wanting me to start in 2 weeks! We talked and prayed over dinner and decided that we felt God leading us to San Antonio. I asked for 3 weeks so the we could find a place to live and manage a move. 3 weeks later we were officially moved in to our first rental house. It is truly amazing how God is faithful, even when I'm at my weakest and busiest points in life...points in life that I don't often cling to Him in.
We are so thankful for that faithfulness.
To be continued with "The Goodbyes"
No comments:
Post a Comment