Sorry if I made anyone queasy just then.
I'm a pretty big wimp, so when I knew I'd have to get numbed up real good for the chunk AND that stitches would be involved, I asked Reed's mom to come with me to help me get through. The worst part about it was the numbing medicine. It hurt pretty dang bad when she put the numbing shots in, but after that it was smooth sailing...I literally couldn't feel a thing. After the procedure I was told to keep it constantly moist with bacitracin, which is an antibiotic, and that I needed to keep it bandaged. Well the mole happened to be on the back of my thigh, in just the right spot to where it is in no way easy to look at, let alone take care of.
So my sweet husband has been cleaning it for me every day and I'm happy to say that it is looking like there will be minimal scarring!! Hurray!! Cancer free and no ugly scars!! I'm thankful that Reed takes such good care of me, that he doesn't mind looking at the ugly stitches or blood. I'm also thankful that he settles me when I freak out. For instance, I was all scared that my skin would grow over my stitches because they were constantly laying flat, as I sit most of the day and the weight of my thigh makes them lay flat against the chair. It literally freaked me out for an entire day. I called my sister, my mom, everyone. When I got home that night I made sure that Reed could pull them all up easily. I truly thought they would've grown into my thigh, and even though Reed thought I was a little crazy, he still did it for me, just to ease my mind. Oh and guess what, they were not growing into my skin.
And now not only do I not have stitches growing into my leg, but I also have a new found appreciation for my husband's patience and kindness. He is pretty much amazing :)
Also, in a COMPLETELY UNRELATED story, but similar topic of how Reed is patient and so sweet to me, especially in the little moments that I freak out or worry; the other day I went to get my haircut at a walk-in where my favorite hairdresser works. When I got there, she was with another customer and a different hairstylist, who happened to be a cute old lady, greeted me at the front. I told her I wanted to wait for Hue, my favorite, and I sat down feeling so mean and incredibly guilty. This cute, smiling, warm grandma just got turned down by me. I texted Reed about it and he replied,
"It's ok, repeat business is part of their job, if you were her customer she would want you to wait for her, I'm sure she understands."
Leave it to me to worry about hurting a random stranger's feelings and leave it to my wonderful husband to send me a sweet and gentle response assuring me that it's okay.
I just love him :) The end.
Ok, this post is adorable! :) You guys are really sweet together!
ReplyDelete