Running is my new/old favorite thing.
I've always loved running but couldn't always do it because of health reasons...that pesky chronic mono.
Lately I've been running a lot more and was a week away from running a 10K before I got a nasty sinus infection that put me in bed for three days (including missing work, which is never a good feeling) Is it weird that I still feel guilty calling into work, even when I'm legitimately sick?? Not to get off topic, but seriously!!
Anyways, back on topic. I was kind of bummed this weekend that I couldn't run my race, BUT I realized that that's just silly because I've had so much victory in my running that I'm not going to let a week and a half of not running blind me of all that God has blessed me with.
For instance, did you know that the weekend before I got sick I ran 5.35 miles!! I ran for an hour straight!!
I got home from running and hung out with a friend who commented, "How do you have energy after running" and I honestly replied, "I don't know, God just is letting me do these things. He is so good to let me run".
I'm appreciating running now because I'm realizing that its only by God's grace that I'm staying healthy while doing it. The last time I got mono was because I was training for a half marathon, so its pretty spectacular that I've been running since mid-January and I haven't had a huge bought of just pure mono. Sure the sinus infection was magnified by my suppressed immune system (that's my fancy pants new term for chronic mono), BUT it is almost gone and things haven't drawn out for more than one week.
For me, that's saying something. That's God saying, "My mercy and grace is sufficient in all things". Even those little things like running :)
5.35 miles, that's amazing! I'm so glad that you're getting to run and building up your distance. That's exciting!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE this post! Sorry to hear about your sinus infection and missing your race, but there will be other races that you can do! I am glad you called into work and just let your body rest. Hope you are feeling better and starting to run again!
ReplyDeleteThanks ladies!! I'm running in a 5K this weekend with Reed and my friend Maria!! Wish us luck! I'm hoping to beat my time from the race I ran a couple weeks back...time to beat is 32:00!!
ReplyDelete