Thursday, August 5, 2010

Marlene

I was perusing on facebook this morning (as I'm waiting for a meeting with a client) and I saw an article posted from OurCalling saying that my friend Marlene has moved into Cliff Manor!! I think a couple of posts ago I had asked you to pray for the situation and God has provided!



Go here to read the article on the Dallas Morning News website.

This is such a blessing for these men and woman, BUT it's only the beginning of their journey. There is so much more prayer and guidance that these guys are going to need. It's hard for them to just go pick up and function. They are still going to need support in budgeting their money, in how to spend their time wisely (and stay out of trouble), in finding a church and especially in their walk with God (just like we all need community and shouldn't be left on our own without support). Not to mention the fact that their community, their "family" is at the Bridge. They are going to be separated from the people they feel comfortable around and they may feel lonely at their new place if they can't travel back to the Bridge. I know this is a HUGE step forward, BUT I am hoping to continue our fellowship and ministry to these ladies so that they don't feel forgotten because they now have an apartment. I still love Marlene just as much as I did before and I want my actions and pursuit of her to reflect that. She is my sister in Christ and I'm excited that she is beginning this new journey :)

Thanks for all the prayers!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I read that news article. Amazing! What an awesome opportunity!

    ReplyDelete