Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Summer Time

I don't care what people say about "almost summer". It's summer when it starts consistently hitting 90+ degrees every day.

With that, I have a couple of prayer requests:

- I haven't been feeling very well lately and, as is typical for any illness I have, it takes a long time for me to get over. I'm getting better about not getting defeated, but I know that I could be better about letting go of how my body feels. Currently, the lymph nodes in my throat are swollen and they often ache throughout the day (making me really tired)...so pray for healing and patience...and that I would stop feeling sorry for myself.

- I've been asked to lead a woman's bible study at church. Pray for this decision and mostly pray that I would get the will power to dedicate some serious prayer to it...I need to stop being lazy and heed the advice in the quote below:
"But the things that we feel most deeply we ought to learn to be silent about, at least until we have talked them over thoroughly with God." - Elisabeth Elliot

- I also need prayer that I would let go of the need to feel "okay" and under control with my relationship with God. I want to embrace His grace and truely have it be enough...and to still know that I am loved, even when I wrap myself up in myself...Also just pray that I would choose to give myself fully to the Lord, not because it makes me feel under control, but because He loved me first.

- One of the ladies at the OurCalling bible study relapsed into drugs and prostitution and is back on the streets. I know that God is bigger than this. I know He can heal her. I know He loves her so much. I'm clinging to that truth despite the situation. She's one of the faithful ones that comes every Sunday and is engaged in our study...Please pray for her and that God's will would be done in her life.

Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment